Thursday, July 10, 2014

Book Announcement, Cover Reveal and All the Magical Things!!

WELL HELLO THERE, LOVELIES!!
(How excited are you for this??? I AM SO EXCITED.)
SO EXCITED, Y'ALL.

So, as I mentioned here, I'm going to be publishing a new book in August, and honestly, there are not even words right now to tell you how freaking excited I am for this. For the book, for the series, for this cover reveal (EEEE!!). I've been struggling with writing for the past few months, and when all of this just started falling together... I can't even tell you what a relief it was. 

This series is my answer to all of my little scribbled NA ideas- a way for me to write about all the things I love, and all the stories that are begging to be told. TWELVE BEATS IN A BAR is a projected twelve book series about an all-female a cappella group from the fictional Bushwick University in Ohio. Each book will focus on a different member of the Beats, and can be read as a standalone. Of course, it's always more fun to read them in order, as the other characters will always be making appearances. 

So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce y'all to the first book in the TBIAB series- to two characters that have stolen my heart and have made me swoon like no other characters I've ever written.

(The fancypants announcement!)

KK Hendin's TWELVE BEATS IN A BAR series, revolving around an all-female a cappella group and their time spent in college, will be debuting on August 18th with COME BACK TO TEXAS. Hayley and Nate had the perfect love story before life crashed through it. Now, three years, one deployment, and a few YouTube videos later, everything's about to change.

Are you ready for the cover?
Because y'all, Hafsah has OUTDONE herself this time. As she always does :)
Prepare to squee, sunshines.


....




....





....






...




TADA!!!!



I KNOW!

Is it not the MOST GORGEOUS THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN YOUR WHOLE LIFE???

(And yes, of COURSE I squeed like an idiot when it showed up in my inbox. And every time I've looked at it since then. Because, HELLO JUST LOOK AT IT. AND LOOK AT IT AGAIN.)

BLURB:


Everyone thought we’d be the ones who made it through high school. The ones who’d get married and stay married forever. The example of how young love can work. 
We thought so, too. 
Too bad life had other plans.
It’s been three years since Hayley and Nate broke each other’s hearts. Three years, and a lot has changed. Hayley’s a freshman in Bushwick University, and the only things keeping her sane are stress baking, and her a cappella group, Twelve Beats in a Bar.
Nate’s a Marine, stationed in Afghanistan. The only thing that’s keeping him sane is the last picture he has of him and Hayley, and the hope that maybe when the hell of deployment is over, he can find her again and apologize.
One explosion will change everything.
When a bomb kills all of Nate’s unit, leaving him missing a foot and eyesight in one eye, he’s sent back home to Texas. Texas, where he loved Hayley more than he could possibly imagine ever loving anyone else.
With seemingly endless amounts of free time and needing something to distract himself, Nate starts making YouTube videos, imploring Hayley to come back to him, and come back to Texas.
Hayley’s life is wrapped around the Beats, making sure she doesn’t flunk out of biology class, and babysitting Ohio’s smallest monster, Brandon. She doesn't want to admit it, but she misses Nate more than anything.
It’s too bad she doesn’t know just how much he misses her, too…


Of course, you can ADD IT TO GOODREADS HERE


And speaking of Goodreads... 


Remember how with OTGDY, I donated to a breast cancer research, one dollar per add? Well, the charity Goodreads shebang is back! This time, I'll be donating to an organization that helps severely injured veterans. I'm not sure exactly how much money I'll be donating per TBR- depends on how many people add it to their lists. I'm thinking either fifty cents a book or a dollar a book.


Make me donate lots of money, y'all! Add COME BACK TO TEXAS to your TBR!

So, I think that's enough excitement for one day. 

IT'S NOT??

Okay, then!


TBIAB logo! Designed by Hafsah.
How about you mosey on over and check out the FABULOUS NEW TWELVE BEATS IN A BAR OFFICIAL TUMBLR PAGE???

YEAAAHHHHH BABAY!

You can keep up with all the latest Beats news there, including cover reveals, merchandise (!!!) and exclusive sneak peeks. And all sorts of shenanigans, because if I've learned nothing about the Beats so far, they're FULL of shenanigans.


OH MY GOD THERE CAN NOT POSSIBLY BE ANY MORE GOOD NEWS LEFT, KK. 

Reallllllyyyyy????

Because GUESS WHO put HEART BREATHS annnnnnd ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG on sale? For NINETY NINE PENNIES EACH?

Oh, right. That would be me :)

Special offer for this week only- I'm raising the price next Thursday, so go one-clicking, y'all!


Amazon:
HB: http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Breaths-KK-Hendin-ebook/dp/B00GF0B8Q4/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384067345&sr=1-3&keywords=heart+breaths
OTGDY: http://www.amazon.com/Only-Good-Die-Young-Hendin-ebook/dp/B00IWDXOBY/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1404358433&sr=1-2&keywords=only+the+good+die+young

B&N: 
HB: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/heart-breaths-kk-hendin/1117398017?ean=2940148861867
OTGDY: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/only-the-good-die-young-kk-hendin/1118887954?ean=2940149306305

I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT EVERYTHING MY HEAD MIGHT POSSIBLY FALL OFF.

Annnnnd, be on the lookout for EVEN MORE fun things to come over the next month or so! I know. I sound like an infomercial now. I think we're done for now :)

*smooshes everyone forever and always*

No comments:

Post a Comment