Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Behind The Scenes with KK (And Teasing About NextBook! WHOOOO!)


Well, hiiiii there, y’all! Hope your summers are going well so far, and that you’re all enjoying the World Cup. Or baseball. Or tennis. Or, um, lazing at the beach, because that is TOTALLY a sport, too.

Today, I’m celebrating the release of Dahlia Adler’s BEHIND THE SCENES by taking YOU behind the scenes of my life :) (And like most things in my life right now, it’s going up late! *sigh* I’m not always this terrible about things, I promise.) Warning: My life is really not all that fascinating at all, but I’ll try my best to make it seem so. Even though it’s not.

So, I wrote a looooong blog post about my writing and DayJob and stuff... and realized it was boring as all heck. (Tl;dr: I teach during the day and write at night. The end.) And since I'm not reviewing Dahlia's SUPER EXCELLENT BOOK until tomorrow, I decided to do a little Behind The Scenes of my next book, whose title and cover will be revealed here on July 10th.

Basically, this is just going to be me teasing you about things. HA.

So, here are ten hints/clues/things about NextBook: 

1. This song.


2. The MCs are from a place I've previously written about.

3. I had part of the idea last year. I've let it float around until the second part of the idea (the series part) showed up in April.

4. The playlist for this book is SO MUCH FUN. And one of my now favorite songs is on there. 

5. Like with OTGDY, I'm going to be donating money to a charity related to the book at some point. 

6. The couple in this book may have beat out Maddie & Gabe and Milcah & Callum for swooniest swoons. Seriously, y'all. I can't even with these two and their adorableness.

7.  This picture: 


8. And this one, too: 
.

9. And also this one:
beautiful

10. This is the NA-est book I've written, in that part of it takes place in college. On campus. In classes. Doing homework. Ya know. College stuff.

And two bonuses because all those pictures :)

11. This book was partially inspired by a song. Just like OTGDY. (Not the same song, though.)

12. Hafsah is a motherfluffing book cover genius. (Wait. You knew that already.)

Quick note: If you haven't gone and checked out the Thunderclap, you can read the blog post HERE and pledge HERE and make me OH SO HAPPY :)

And OBVS, go buy Dahlia's book. Every time someone buys her book, Matt Lanter takes his shirt off, and another macaron is made. Don't you want to be a part of that?

(Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17869397-behind-the-scenes
Indiebound: http://www.indiebound.org/book/9781939392978)

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha I love this post so much. Can't wait for more info sooooooon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, KK, you TEASE. I'm so pumped for NextBook and also, GUH, that Hunter Hayes medley is AMAZING

    ReplyDelete