Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Book News!

Hello, sunshines!
I've been MIA for a while- between gallivanting halfway across the world and deadlines and day job, it's been a tad busy. But I'm kind of back now, and by kind of I mean there may be a backlog of blog posts I'll be publishing soon.

But first!
NEWS!!!!

(And yes, it does deserve four exclamation points.)
I've been sitting on this for quite a while, but I didn't want to announce anything until everything was finalized- if I pick a date, I want to make sure I can stick to it. But now everything is mostly set, which means I can let you in on my super duper very exciting news.

Another book!!
*happy dances*

The official statement (because OMG I WROTE ANOTHER BOOK SQUEEEE is not really that professional and I have to pretend on occasion to be an adult):

I'm thrilled to announce that ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG, a NA contemporary, will be published March 11, 2014.

And the blurb:

The first year of college is supposed to be about parties, parties, and getting the hell out of Texas. Instead, Milcah Daniels is spending her eighteenth year in and out of Houston's hospitals. Her hair is falling out, they’ve cut off her boobs, and if she makes it to nineteen, she’ll consider it a personal miracle.

Breast cancer really has a way of messing with a girl’s social calendar.

When Milcah’s temporarily discharged from the hospital, she’s determined to get a tattoo for every medical procedure she’s had. Her quest leads her to Skin Stories, a new tattoo parlor a block from her apartment. And to it’s infuriatingly sexy artist, Callum Scott.
 
Callum is everything Milcah wants, and everything she shouldn’t have now. A new relationship when the official prognosis is one to five years is a terrible idea. But Callum doesn’t know about the breast cancer, and Milcah’s not running to tell him.

But when the doctor says things are actually looking positive, her entire life turns upside down. How is she supposed to start living again when she’s finally learned to accept her death?

Would you care for a snippet? 
You WOULD?
Excellent.

This is the opening line of OTGDY:

I swear to God, if I see one more stupid motivational poster, I’m going to rip my face off and throw it at someone.

This book has been an incredible experience to write, and has taught me some wonderful lessons- namely, I should stop saying "I'll never ever write X" because that is exactly what is going to happen. I never thought I'd write a book like this, but then Milcah barged into my mind, obnoxious and sarcastic and entirely wonderful and wouldn't leave until I finished her story.

I am so crazy excited (and simultaneously freakin' terrified- yay emotions!) to share this book with y'all. 
There will be super exciting things like cover reveals (WHEE) and eARCs coming up soon, but for now, if your heart would so desire, you can add OTGDY to your Goodreads TBR list right HERE.

As always, thank you all so so much for everything. You are the reason I get to do this all.
Xo

2 comments: