Wednesday, October 2, 2013

WEDNESDAY!!

Fall, fall, fall, fall. What happened to you? You were here and you were so lovely and now... now you abandoned me for greener pastures of somewhere else. I haven't updated y'all on what's be up with me lately because, holidays. Alllll the holidays, y'all. But the holidays are over and now everything is back to normal.
Well, relatively....


What I've Been Reading: The fabulous thing about all the holidays is the time I have to read. I found my box of books that I had been missing (you can read about that here), and so I've been doing a lot of rereading recently. Just a few of the books I've read over the past while include Reclaimed by Sarah Guillory (review coming soon), Be My Downfall by Lyla Paine (review coming soon for that too), Beautiful Broken by Nazarea Andrews (hawt and sweet), My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea Cameron (adorable), Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (SO good), The Tao of Martha by Jen Lancaster (not as funny as her others, but still fab), a few of the Sammy Keyes series (YAY!), UltraViolet Catastrophe by Jamie Grey (y'all know I love it), and alllll the beta and CP words.
Not to mention all the books I read at work, which are not nearly as advanced. I will say that The Cat In The Hat is very popular.

What I've Been Listening To: the lovely, lovely Vitamin String Quartet- When I'm revising, it's harder for me to listen to music with lyrics, so VSQ is a great compromise- all the pretty music and none of the sometimes distracting words.

What I've Been Writing: Well, Heart Breaths is at the copy editor (EEEE!!!), so mostly that :) I've been working on a newer MS- one that I mostly wrote earlier this year, but needs a whole bunch more words and research. The MC in that one is very different than Maddie (HB's MC), and it's a fun change up. I've been plotting, too, which involves calendars and word counts and a lot of evil cackling.

What Inspires Me: people with excellent time management skills. I am jealous, and would like to be one of them when I grow up.

What Else: Day Job is going well so far (YAY!), I've been formatting the new #MSWL posts from the last Twitter party- there are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds, and they are incredibly fascinating and slightly dangerous because I don't need any more SNIs on my list ;)
Over at RWM, we're having a blast with the upcoming releases- I'm so excited for you to read all the new books! And to meet all the authors, who are all kinds of fabulous. Seriously. The best group of authors ever. (And the best co-interns. If one day we take over the world....well, it might happen. Maybe. Possibly.)
Oh yeah- and Heart Breaths comes out in 35 days. THIRTY. FIVE. DAYS. *dies*
But tomorrow you'll get to see the cover and y'all. It is just magnificent, and I cannot be happier with it.

Now I'm off to go do some sort of voodoo dance to try to get the weather back to the 50s and 60s where it belongs. No more of this 86 degrees nonsense.
What’s going on with you this Wednesday? Let me know in the comments below.
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment