Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Happiest of Book Birthdays, RECLAIMED!

16045763Paperback, 296 pages
Expected publication: October 15th 2013 by Spencer Hill Contemporary
ISBN: 1937053881 (ISBN13: 9781937053888) Edition language: English

  Book Blurb: Jenna Oliver doesn’t have time to get involved with one boy, let alone two. All Jenna wants is to escape her evaporating small town and her alcoholic mother. She's determined she'll go to college and find a life that is wholly hers—one that isn't tainted by her family's past. But when the McAlister twins move to town and Jenna gets involved with both of them, she learns the life she planned may not be the one she gets. Ian McAlister doesn't want to start over; he wants to remember. Ian can’t recall a single thing from the last three months—and he seems to be losing more memories every day. His family knows the truth, but no one will tell him what really happened before he lost his memory. When he meets Jenna, Ian believes that he can be normal again because she makes not remembering something he can handle. The secret Ian can’t remember is the one Luke McAlister can’t forget. Luke has always lived in the shadow of his twin brother until Jenna stumbles into his life. She sees past who he’s supposed to be, and her kiss brings back the spark that life stole. Even though Luke feels like his brother deserves her more, Luke can’t resist Jenna—which is the trigger that makes Ian's memory return. Jenna, Ian, & Luke are about to learn there are only so many secrets you can keep before the truth comes to reclaim you.

Buy Links:
Add RECLAIMED to your Goodreads shelf.

 About the Author
Sarah Guillory smaller Sarah Guillory is a YA author. In addition, she teaches sophomore English and loves that they pay her to fan girl over books and authors and to watch her students fall in love with the written word. Sarah lives in Louisiana with her husband and ridiculously spoiled bloodhound. RECLAIMED is her debut novel. Author Links: Goodreads | Website | Blog | Twitter | Tumblr




Announcements
In honor of Teen Read Week, Sarah Guillory is donating several copies of RECLAIMED to school libraries. She's also having a huge giveaway that includes a $100 giftcard to the bookstore of your choosing and a 30 minute Skype chat with you or the classroom of your choosing. Stop by her blog to learn more! Also, on Friday, October 18th, at 5:00 PM EST, we will begin the 24-hour RECLAIMED read-along. This is the time for everyone to be reading, tweeting, and reacting to RECLAIMED. No Spoilers, please, just good reading fun! Sarah will also be doing a live online chat on Monday, October 21st, at 9:00 EST so tweet your spoiler-free questions using the hashtags #RECLAIMED, #RWM, and #askGuillory. To learn more about these wonderful events, stop by Sarah's blog!

A Note From KK:
OMG YOU GUYS.
As one of the members of the RWM team, I can tell you that I have been waiting for this day for SO LONG. I was so lucky to be able to read RECLAIMED early and I am in awe of Sarah's writing. I was honestly pretty hesitant to pick up the book at first- I'm really not a fan of love triangles. Pretty much ever. And then I read RECLAIMED and I can honestly say it is one of the only love triangles I not only liked, but LOVED.
That's right. I said LOVED.
I know. I almost didn't believe it myself.
The characters leaped off the page- Jenna, Ian and Luke were all so incredibly real. One of the reasons I really hate love triangles is because they don't feel real, or they just seem dumb- like, it's not an actual triangle and the girl is just stringing one of the guys along. Or I hate both the love interests, or I'm mad at the main character for being annoying. (Why are so many love triangle female characters so annoying??) None of that happened. I loved Jenna- her struggles felt real and sometimes familiar- the ache to leave the little bubble you grew up in and go and find yourself somewhere new. Luke and Ian- their relationships, with each other, and both of their relationships with Jenna were heartbreaking and beautiful. The struggle to choose wasn't overdone at all- which is why I can tell you that RECLAIMED has a love triangle I actually liked a lot.
The story was engrossing and wonderful and was nothing that I expected and everything I hoped it would be. I laughed, I cried, I screamed and squeed and almost threw the book across the room at one point. And I had the biggest, cheesiest grin on my face when I got to the end. And yes, I did actually, in real life, pat my heart with happiness.
This is a debut that you do not want to miss.
And for all of Sarah's students: YOU GUYS ARE SO LUCKY SHE'S YOUR TEACHER.

Hope y'all are having a wonderful Tuesday!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment