Saturday, August 17, 2013

WIP Marathon Check In #2

Happy Weekend, y'all!
Hope your week has been a fabulous and productive one, and I hope the weather wherever you are was as nice as it was here. Seriously, I was having a bit of an existential crisis about the gloriousness of it all, and then promptly got over that to move outside all week.
Oh, fall. I can see you coming. *Dreams of pumpkins and falling leaves*

LAST WORD COUNT: 14,381
CURRENT WORD COUNT: 38,282

WIP ISSUES THIS WEEK: Well, I'm still kind of trying to figure out exactly what's happening in this WIP.
KK! You might say. YOU WROTE ALMOST FORTY FREAKING THOUSAND WORDS. How do you NOT know what's happening in this WIP???
Um, I don't know.
But I have some idea? So that's something, right?

WHAT I LEARNED THIS WEEK IN WRITING: You CAN write nearly 24k in one week without having a plot whatsoever. Seriously. I say I'm a pantser, but I have never pantsed quite like this before. It's terrifying and wonderful at the same time.

WHAT DISTRACTED ME THIS WEEK: Temporary employment!
WOOOOOO!!! (Because, money, which is always a nice thing to have) But not wooo! because I wanted to squeeze in some more words. Because even though I have no plot for this, I seem to have things to write.
I will never understand my brain.

LAST 200 WORDS: I'm still neurotic, sorry. But let me see if I can scrounge for something short and fun...
“I think I’ve died and gone to underwear heaven,” whispers Carey.
I can only nod. 


Now, I'm off to go write more words because tomorrow I'm working a little, going to an engagement party AND a bridal shower.
Hope you're all having a marvelous weekend!
xoxox
KK

PS: Go say hi and wave your pompoms at the other #wipmarathon-ers here :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you're making great progress! I really need to step it up. Lol!

    You know, I don't know what's going on in my story either. :) I only have a basic beginning, middle, and end.

    Underwear heaven? o_O Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap well done! That's a lot of words in one week. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's impressive progress! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 24k in a week. I don't even know what to say. YOU ARE DOING SO AWESOME!!! (even if you aren't sure where it's going yet--words are words, and they can only make you a better writer!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure the plot would come together! And an underwear heaven definitely sounds like a good place to be ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's some progress!

    This WIP is the first time I have ever pantsed something and I get what you mean. I'm just over 53k and while I do have some idea where it's leading, I'm pretty much making it all up as I go, creating characters as and when I need them who just take over unexpectedly and bring out a whole other side plot. I'm enjoying working like that and I think it is easy to carried along with it.

    Good luck with your words this week, not that it looks like you'll need it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is some super impressive pantsing! Well done! :D

    ReplyDelete