Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Life, You Weirdo.

I've been job hunting for... *checks calendar* four months. Four. Full. Months.
It's has been quite the interesting experience (read: slightly stressful and lots of headdesking involved), and honestly, at this point I never thought I would find a job, and that I'd just be stuck at home, jobless, forever.
Am I a tad melodramatic?
YUP.

Within the past week, a job showed up out of left field. And then I had to wait clearance, and there was nothing to do until I got it but sit and wait, which was all kinds of nervewracking especially because said job involves preparing.
I got a text this morning from my now boss, who said I've been cleared and can I come in today and sign some paperwork.

Life, you weirdo.

Let's do some What's Up Wednesday while I process this, shall we?


WHAT I'M READING:
All the MSs still! (Yes, this has been taking me A LOT longer than usual).


WHAT I'M WRITING:
Well, I finished the last MS last week, and I've started a new one. It's a YA Contemporary, and a lot different than the last one. It's just a little baby MS right now, but I'm really excited about this one. It also has a bit more of a plot from the get-go than the other one did :) It was nice to be able to play with a new story for a little bit, because ALL THE REVISIONS are happening now. *breathes into paper bag*

WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO:
Everything.
This week is wedding week- I was a bridesmaid at one wedding last night, and I'm the maid of honor at a wedding tomorrow. Friends? In the future, please don't get married the same week. Even if you don't know each other. :)
Job: Because apparently I have one now. One that involves BUCKETS of lesson plans, and a handful of small children.
My sister left yesterday- she's spending a year in Israel, which meant all the packing over the past few days.
All the evil plotting with the SH creative interns. *cackles*
I would collapse in a heap now, but ain't nobody got time for that.

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW: 
Love.
With two weddings, a very tearful sisterly goodbye, and CPs who literally rock my socks off, there's a lot of love flowing through my life right now, and I can not feel more blessed.

Hope you're all having a fabulous Wednesday!
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job, KK! That's great news :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job!

    Wow, I'm struggling with the idea of two weddings several months apart but two in a week?! Yikes!

    Wow, Israel! Hope your sister has an amazing time.

    Good luck with all the writing and have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job and on finishing your MS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new job! And good luck with those buckets of lesson plans! And wow! So much going on. Enjoy! And good luck with the ms (I love that you call one a baby ms)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the job! Good luck with revisions! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations with the new job, KK. That must be a huge relief after four months of unemployment. I hope it goes well for you. :)

    The weddings and saying goodbye to your sister must have been an emotional roller-coaster for you--and not just an up-and-down type, but a corkscrew-type. Lots of emotions. Good too see you found inspiration through it all.

    All the best with your revisions, and the new job this week!

    ReplyDelete