Wednesday, July 3, 2013

What's UPPPPP, Wednesday?

HIIIII WEDNESDAY!!!!
The magical idea of Jamie & Erin: a way to let your friends know what's up with you! Add your link HERE


WHAT I'M READING:
Harry Potter!!!!
Sister was at the library again on Friday, and this time, they had HPs 1-4. And GOD BLESS HER, she took them out for me.
I can not even begin to tell you how happy I was to reread them. I don't remember how old I was when I read them the first time (okay, by Order of The Phoenix, I could tell you), but rereading them all again now is just buckets of happiness.
I'm currently in the middle of Order of The Phoenix now, and Umbridge is making me ragey, as expected.
I'm debating about whether to watch all of the movies after I finish the series, especially since I haven't watched the last three. I was accidentally at the London premiere of Deathly Hallows Part Two, but that is an entirely different story.
Other Books I'm Reading:
CP/Beta reading, which makes me SO HAPPY, and so grateful that I know such magnificently talented people.
The Impact of You by Kendall Ryan and Playing For Keeps by Emma Hart, two fabulous books written by fabulous people.
I haven't made progress on Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, but hopefully this weekend I will.

But mostly this week has been

WHAT I'M WRITING:
 
MS1- and DEAR GOD, I've written a lot. Many, many thanks to the sprinters at #writeclub, and specifically J. Elizabeth Hill, for running the sprints.
Smart me remembered to write down my wordcount from last week, and I now have an exact number of words that I wrote.
21,490 of them, to be exact.
When I said I wanted to hit 25k, I did. I am long past that now, darlings. :)
I didn't really do any work on MS2, nor did any revisions happen. I got back some of the most wonderful notes on a previous MS, and I'm letting it all percolate for a while before I start revising.
I may just hold off on revisions 'til I finish this MS.

GOALS FOR NEXT WEEK:
WRITE MOAR WORDS!!!
Okay, Crazy KK wants to finish the first draft of MS1. We'll see what happens, with it being July 4th and all. (You would think it's been the fourth for around two weeks already- the neighbors have been setting off fireworks regularly since the middle of June.)
Find a job! Yes. STILL.

OTHER STUFF:
#MSWL, Manuscript Wish List. The brainchild of the lovely Ms. Jessica Sinsheimer.
There was a huge Twitter party last Thursday, and I've been posting on Tumblr like a crazy person to have all agent's and editor's wish lists organized and labeled so everyone could know what everyone else wants.
There are over 550 people following the http://agentandeditorwishlist.tumblr.com/ account, which is slightly terrifying but mostly thrilling. We've already heard stories of agents requesting partials and fulls, and possible sales to editors, and it makes me SO SO HAPPY. All the warm and fuzzies.
Other things that happened?
Friend got engaged, Aunt had a baby, so all the happy things :)
I went with Baby Sister to the Metropolitan Museum of Art yesterday, and we had ourselves a marvelous time. Baby Sister is hilariously precocious, so going anywhere with her is entertaining, but the Met was particularly fun. We ended up spending a big chunk of time in the American Wing, because, as she said, "I think I just don't appreciate most of modern art."
(She's eleven.)
The American Wing is full of gorgeous furniture and other magical things, and if I'm not too careful I'm going to be adding a historical fiction to the list of SNIs.
We played Guess-The-Year-That-Piece-Of-Furniture-Was-Made-In, and she is scary good at it. History nerds FTW! :)

Well, tomorrow is the Fourth of July, which means ALL THE FIREWORKS! Which means we get to watch everyone attempt to out-firework each other, and hope none of the neighbors lights our trees on fire with their illegal fireworks.

Happy Belated Canada Day (*starts singing* Oh, Canada, our home and native land!), Happy Early Independence Day, American folk, and to all the non-North-Americans?
HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!!
xo

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you are BUSY! :O So much going on! Congratulations on writing so much too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go to the Met, since I love art and history. There are some museums in my area Upstate, but none as large and expansive as anything from the city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You have written a lot! Way to go!
    And you sound crazy busy. Was this really a recap of your week or a whole month? ;)
    Hope you have a great writing week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #MSWL was GENIUS!!! And thank you so much for the tumblr recap. I have it bookmarked and am sharing with others. Actually, we're running with a similar idea this month for our roundtable chat at YA Confidential, so thanks! So fun!

    Also, I AM IN AWE OF YOUR WORD COUNT!!! Way to go!

    I hope you have another wonderful writing week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got a lot going on - sounds like tons of reading AND writing - good for you!

    "Buckets of happiness" is such a good way to describe the Harry Potter feelings. I love it. 5 is my favorite of the books - I didn't read them until I was a grown-up reading them out loud to my son. They brought me all the buckets of happiness.

    Hope you had a good 4th - have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete