Monday, February 11, 2013

In Which I Don't Run Away From Home And Join The Circus(Featuring Ryann Kerekes)


Just a quick hello, there, darlings- coming to you from the trenches of studying. I have math problems coming out of my eyeballs. It's super attractive. Especially the parts where I wail in despair and threaten to run away and join the circus. Or something. Too bad I hadn't had that thought a few years ago when the circus actually was here and a tiger escaped, and was walking down the highway, and pretty much stopped traffic.
No, really.
Nothing happens in my 'hood, but when it does... it's just WEIRD.
There's a lot of allure, I think, to running away and joining the circus- you're not sure exactly what's going to happen when you get there, but one thing you do know is for sure- that it will be a heck of a lot more interesting than whatever is going on in your life. Unless, of course, you're part of a different circus. Then I'm not quite sure what your reasoning would be. 
So if any of you hear of any circuses coming my way before this afternoon, let me know. There's still time to bail. :)
I'm going to be back later this week with whatever randomness my brain has cooked up. But to tide y'all over until I sufficiently recover from the GRE, another book cover to drool over, and another book to add to your Goodreads list. AND IT HAS A CIRCUS (OK, Cirque. But close enough, right?) IN IT. I think it's a sign. 





The Cirque
Eighteen-year-old ballerina Ariel is determined to experience life outside the dance studio. She auditions for the cirque on a whim, and though ballet training didn't prepare her for dodging knives, she refuses to flinch and wins the spot of target girl alongside Gabriel, the mysterious knife-thrower. There’s something unmistakably dangerous yet tempting about Gabriel’s crystal blue eyes and tattoos. She’s determined to solve the mystery of his past after learning he’s on the run from the law. Especially since the distraction is just what she needs to avoid admitting to her parents she was dismissed from her ballet contract.

The more she learns about Gabriel, the scars on his body, the foster homes he grew up in, and his fascination with knives, she knows she should run the other way, but that boy’s like crack, oh so bad for you, yet addicting as hell. When he’s arrested and forced to deal with his past, she has to choose between putting her own life back together and dealing with her parents, or taking a chance on Gabriel, as no one else has.



ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Ryann Kerekes writes young adult novels with a strong dose of romance. She lives in Minnesota with a super cute husband and two puppies, one of which may be part monkey. When not writing, she enjoys reading, hiking, laughing and day dreaming about kissing scenes. She also writes adult romance as Kendall Ryan.



The Cirque was written by the wonderful Ryann Kerekes, who you should all drop what you're doing right this second and go say hi to her on Twitter or Goodreads. Ryann is an absolute doll- and has been so nice and patient with me as I fumble along here, in the world of writers and readers. If this was high school, Ryann would be the one to come up to you and welcome you when you switched in from some other teeny tiny little high school and were kinda scared you were going to pee in your pants from nerves. One who also happens to write wonderful books. And probably bakes cookies or something. 

Now, while I know that you're sitting there all, BUT I WANNA READ IT NOWWWW (It's not just me, right? Right?), we can spout platitudes like 'Good things come to those who wait'.
Except I don't like waiting. 
Especially for books that involve knife-throwing, mysterious boys with blue eyes and tattoos, and DRAMA. 

So there' s that. 
Except for the excellent news that we don't have to wait TOO long, because THE CIRQUE is going to be released on MARCH 2, 2013. *Jumps up and down with glee* And that is less than a month away. Don't worry, I'm going broke along with you. Maybe we'll start a support group, or something. 

Now, scroll back up and gaze at that cover. 
SIGH.

You can stay there while I take my GRE.
I'll be back soon, peoples!

-KK

No comments:

Post a Comment