Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Blog Tour: Never Forget by Emma Hart



Summary: Lexy used to visit her grandmother every summer, but hasn’t been back to the small beach town in five years. She’s changed a lot since then. But soon she’s able to get back into the groove of a Lilac Bay summer- everything will be just like it used to- she and her old friend Jen are hanging out at the beach again. Everything, that is, except for the extremely good looking and very flirty gardener her grandmother hired for the summer.

Lexy kind of clobbers Alec over the head- she’s the only girl that’s ever made him consider staying past one night. But Lexy doesn’t trust Alec- she knows all about his (very well deserved) reputation.
But when secrets come out, Lexy has to decide whether she can still trust Alec, and in turn, trust her heart.

Thoughts, Feelings, Emotions and Comments from The Peanut Gallery:
First of all, big thanks to the wonderful Emma Hart for sending me an ARC in exchange for an honest review (and first review also. Eep!) With that being said…Never Forget was a lovely, lovely book. (And I say lovely because that sounds kind of British.) It has the distinction of being one of the only books I can remember reading that is really and truly British, which was so much fun to read. I find that most non-American authors try to set their books in America, and it's fabulous to read a book that is really and truly British. I think I'll drink some tea and have some crumpets now (It's tea time somewhere). 
Ok, I'm back. 
The characters? All were realistic and relatable- let’s just say that Lexy isn’t the ONLY control freak J, and I definitely related to the ongoing struggle of her trying to control everything, and the difficulty and slight terror of letting go.
"She doesn't trust me. I'm not stupid and I'm not blind. Unless I can prove I care, she won't touch me with a ten foot barge pole and I don't blame her. I'm not perfect. I'm not perfect enough for her but I don't care, not anymore. I want her to take a chance on me." -Never Forget
SIGH.
Alec was *fans self*… oh, Alec. The perfect counterpoint to Lexy- and those dimples. (Apparently, Lexy and I also have the same taste. I would think we were almost the same person except, well, the whole she’s British with one brother and I’m American with more than one brother, and then the whole fictional character thing. BUT ANYWAY.)
Her family- God, it’s so nice to have a family of a main character that’s functional! That was one thing I really appreciated when I read Never Forget- the secondary characters were THERE. Not just background wallpaper- they had personalities and they were relatable as well. And hilarious, too. :)
The plot flowed smoothly, and I was very quickly sucked into an unforgettable summer at Lilac Bay. 
Would I recommend reading it?
Yes. Preferably by a beach. Or you can read it and find me a beach.
That sounds better. You read it here and I’ll go find a beach.
K.

BUY IT HERE.  (For a measly $1.99- which is practically free)
And make sure to enter the lovely Rafflecopter Giveaway to win a signed copy of Never Forget and all kinds of fun things. 

ABOUT EMMA: 
By day, Emma Hart dons a cape and calls herself Super Mum to a terrible two year old. By night,
she drops the cape, pours a glass of wine and writes books.
She likes to write about magic, kisses and whatever else she can fit into the story. Sarcastic, witty
characters are a must. As are hot guys. She has two new series planned as well as her New Adult
Romance, Never Forget, due February 2013. She likes to be busy - unless busy involves doing
the dishes. Her debut YA series, The Mauve Legacy, is an Apple iBooks Bestseller - and this makes Emma
excited.

GO SAY HI TO EMMA. She is a darling. 

For more Lexy and Alec, make sure to check out PenandMuse.com and Tobi Helton's blog tomorrow.

I'd love for you to let me know what you thought of Never Forget after you've read it.
(And what you think of my reviewing skills. I'm still new at this.)


No comments:

Post a Comment