Thursday, February 14, 2013

100+ Twitter Peoples! And... A Book Title. *Eep*

HOORAY!!!
Twitter people, I do declare, y'all are truly excellent. Fabulous. Wonderful. Hilarious. Helpful. Supportive.
I'm getting all mushy thinking about this.
And this will make this THREE blog posts in one week.
I don't think this will be the norm.
I WAS planning on another post, but this came up :)

So, I don't know if you remembered, but a little while ago (last week?) I decided to employ all some tactics I learned from working with two and three year olds for years and years and years. 
Namely? Incentives. 
Or, Bribery.

It went something like this. "When I get 100 followers on Twitter, I'll tell you the title of my WIP!"
And I was all ready to and everything! Especially since I had finally decided on a name that felt right. 

But then, there was a mutiny in my brain.
You see, the MC of the WIP is 22. And while I was writing her story, pieces of her childhood kept on appearing. So I inserted some of them into the WIP, and filed the rest away in the back of my mind, just for reference. 
But they kept coming. By the freakin' truckload.
And the next thing I knew, she was no longer 22, but 13. And refused to grow back up until I started the story in the right place. See, the WIP was the ending. I just hadn't quite started at the beginning.

To say that I kinda flipped out would be a tad of an understatement. Was I writing a series? But that was like, TEN YEARS to write about! And the POVs! And the fact that fitting this into a genre just got a LOT harder. And and and and...But after being talked down by a wonderful friend (God bless you, darling.), I realized that I was just going to write now, and worry later. 

Yes, this is a recurring theme. 

After the whole GRE spectacle, I finally sat down to write. (I had taken a bit of a break to study, which I think made me more sad than the fact I was studying math did.)

And, *Gulp*, apparently, it is now a series. Starting mainly when the MC is thirteen, and continuing until she is around twenty-two. Well, as of now. Who knows what will happen, especially since the WIP has taken on a life of it's own, and I can no longer claim responsibility for what goes on in it :). I'm not sure if this is the final title for the first book, but the current name is The Best of What Might Be

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some characters that seem to need some attention.
Happy Valentine's Day, and stuff. Feel free to join me in the chocolate-buying party that will be going on tomorrow.
No shame, y'all. No shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment