Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Ever-Evolving Playlist

I can write with music on, but only if it's good mood music. It's an never-ending process trying to find good mood music, and currently I've got the same few songs on loop.

Current favorites? Fix You by Coldplay, A Thousand Years by Christina Perri, Six Degrees of Separation by The Script and Lullaby by Nickleback.
Pandora has been great for finding new music to listen to without too much trouble- except that whole I listen to it while on the internet on my laptop, which means, unless I'm hyper-focused and can type as fast as my fingers go, it ends up with me.... uh, procrastinating. Way more than I want to admit to. I know, you're shocked, aren't you? ;)

It's interesting, how the whole creative process goes- there are days that you sit and try and try and try to create something- anything, regardless of how crappy it is, but nothing happens, and you have to drag each individual piece of it out with a pair of pliers. And then there are the days that everything not only flows- it gushes, like some demented waterfall, regardless of what you're supposed to be doing, leaving you to scribble on the backs of receipts and unused napkins as quickly as you can, hoping you can get it all down before you have to go back to work.

Creativity is an interesting boss.

In other news, I realized I have over 180 eBooks on my iPad  between my nook app and my kindle app- not to mention the constant rotation of eBooks I take out from my library (If you haven't checked to see if your library has eBooks  check NOW. No more late fees, ever, ever, ever, which is enough of a motivation for me). Not to mention the physical books that are piled all over the place.

And yes, I've read the fast majority of them.
I surprised myself with that little number count.

Last book I read? The Song of the Silk Road- I borrowed it from a friend and read it over the weekend. I'm still not sure how I felt about it- it was definitely an interesting read, and gave a great picture of the places she visited, but the character development or lack thereof had me able to just put the book down in the middle. I did finish the book, but it wasn't one of those books that if I hadn't finished, I would have to go find it to finish it to see how it ended.

Back to writing now- hoping to get another 1500 words in for today. Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

-KK

No comments:

Post a Comment