Thursday, January 10, 2013

Outlines, Plotlines, and Doing It Their Way

I've been doing some web stalking, and reading everything I can get my hands on about writing a novel, and the entire process.
Let me tell you something.
It is mighty confusing.
Everyone has their own version of how you're supposed to go about writing- from how you're supposed to think of the idea, how and where you're supposed to write said novel, to exactly how you should go about getting it published.
It's enough to make your head fall off.

So before I freeze up and freak out about doing it wrong, I will be following the ONE PIECE of advice that has been most consistent. One given to me by a bunch of very wise friends, and one that really? I should tattoo to my forehead.

Write first. Worry later.
So here I go again.
Back to the mildly detailed outline, to make it a tad more detailed. And then more detailed. Rinse and repeat.

-KK

No comments:

Post a Comment